!!! Open positions for Ph.D. !!!
Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) are characterised by networking the classical Embedded Systems. Networking and opening Embedded Systems to networks and IT systems has a tremendous potential to improve devices, infrastructures and services. and will change our future lives.
However, this leads to a number of challenges, including:
- Increasing complexity and heterogeneity require new means for abstraction, allowing us to deal with highly complex and heterogeneous CPS in a reasonable and effective way.
- Growing incompleteness of models, specification, knowledge that makes it more and more impossible for the human mind to anticipate e.g. all use cases or faults.
- Need for intelligent and adaptive behaviour to deal with the above issues; this refers to scientific methods, engineering tools and humans.
We follow the following research strains to overcome these issues:
- Symbolic modelling, analysis, verification of heterogeneous systems with uncertainties, e.g. in the project GENIAL!
- Integration of requirements engineering, design, operation (DevOps) with continuous verification.
- Digital Twin and IoT platform VICINITY, in particular for capturing and aggregation of data from operation with particular focus on security and privacy, e.g. in the project Arrowhead Tools.